I've loved Tom Hardy for a many a year now. So any time his name is getting thrown around, I get excited. He had one hell of a year last year. I loved "Mad Max: Fury Road" and "The Revenant" with every fabric of my being. Plus, "Legend" wasn't too bad either. Coming off the heals of such a strong year, what else could he get caught up in?
How about "Star Wars"
There is a rumor running around that Tom Hardy might appear in "Star Wars: Episode VIII." Apparently, it will be a cameo appearance in the same vein as Daniel Craig in "Episode VII." But it would be a fun one nonetheless, if true. Here is a description of Hardy's scene in the movie:
- "Tom Hardy plays a First Order stormtrooper.
- Said stormtrooper glimpses FN-2187 on a secret mission but doesn’t realize it.
- The “incognito” FN-2187 is surprised when the stormtrooper walks up behind him and slaps him on the ass.
- FN-2187 turns around and believes he’s dead. He’s surely going to be captured.
- The stormtrooper is elated to see his old friend from back during their First Order academy days.
- The stormtrooper congratulates FN-2187 on his promotion to Resistance infiltrator and spy.
- FN-2187 is free to go about his business to his amazement."
This was delivered from Makingstarwars.net. It sounds like it might be one of those rumors that stays a rumor. Seems kind of like a weird scene. But then again, maybe we don't understand the context of the scene. It could lead up to a big laugh in the movie. Time will tell.